Shred sent us a load of goodies to try out, so the past few weeks we have been wearing the SHORT STACK MCGAZZA FOREVER trail/enduro helmet. Shred boast unrivaled technology that provides rotational and linear energy absorption. Its ROTATIONAL ENERGY SYSTEM™ (RES), the lightest and thinnest solution for addressing rotational forces, is paired with the helmet’s integrated honeycomb-cone-structured SLYTECH™ Foam to create an unparalleled synergy for combating linear and multi-directional forces.
We were lucky enough to avoid any crashes whilst wearing this helmet, but our general thoughts were that it had plenty of vents so it stays cool on hot summer days. It also offers extra protection at the back of the head as many modern high-end enduro helmets do. It was comfortable and we had no complaints. As well as two sets of padding the helmet also comes with a drawstring bag for carrying and storage which is a nice little touch. But the good stuff is in the advanced technology and innovation used to create such a safe helmet:
- SHRED. ROTATIONAL ENERGY SYSTEM™ | Patent-pending technology that manages the effects of rotational accelerations to the head on impact by allowing a relative movement between the helmet and the head through the use of ultra-thin, multi-directional absorption units made with an elastic layer.
- ENHANCED WITH SLYTECH™ | A patented honeycomb cone structure made of SLYTECH™ Foam is integrated into the EPS impact absorption element to allow impact energy to dissipate in multiple directions for optimal safety.
- XT2® | Anti-microbial technology that uses silver to provide permanent odor protection.
- VENTILATION | Strategic system of 20 vents channels air from the front of the helmet to its back, preventing the head from sweating and sunglasses from fogging.
- CUSTOM FIT KIT | An additional set of thicker pads to fine tune the helmet’s fit.
CONSTRUCTION | In-Mold | Integrated SLYTECH™ NOSHOCK honeycomb | 20 vents
SAFETY STANDARDS | EN1078 (Europe bike) | CPSC (USA bike)
MATERIAL | PC | Super Light EPS | SLYTECH™ proprietary foam
WEIGHT | 370 g [XS/M size]
For sizing the helmet we tried was labelled XS/M and Shred provide both thicker and a thinner padding inserts so you can get a snug fit. Even with the thicker inserts we found the helmet size to be more on the medium side, so if you have a smaller head or are between sizes then bare that in mind.
Check out our review of the Shred Kneepads here.